New for 2021, the Britannia incorporates new security features including a latent image, surface animation, tincture lines, and micro text incorporated into Philip Nathan’s design of the instantly recognizable icon.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Coins will be in protective packaging. Multiple of 10 come in mint tubes. Multiples of 100 come in 10 mint tubes inside a monster box.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Features The Royal Mint's guilloché obverse design.
- Obverse: Effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 100 pounds.
- Reverse: Features the internationally recognized figure of Britannia standing firm against a powerful gale. Her image has symbolized Britain’s strength and integrity on coinage since Roman times.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Protect your 2021 Gold Britannia with this clear plastic capsule or display it in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order. You can even add a beautiful coin bezel to turn your Gold Britannia into fine jewelry.
First struck in 1987, the Britannia Gold coin became an instant classic. Today, it marks one of the flagship coins of The Royal Mint and one of the most popular bullion products.
Add this 2021 1 oz Gold Britannia to your cart today!
The Gold BritanniaThe Gold Britannia is one of the flagship coins of The Royal Mint and was first introduced in 1987. Today, it is one of the The Royal Mint's most popular products. New in 2021, features including a latent image, surface animation, tincture lines, and micro text have been included into Philip Nathan's classic design for added security.
The Great Britain Britannia
Following the popularity of the Gold Britannia, The Royal Mint began using the popular design on a silver coin for the first time in 1997 as Proof. Shortly following in 1998, the Silver Britannia was also released in a bullion version. Today, the series has expanded to several sizes and also includes Platinum Britannia Coins, along with the limited mintage Proof Gold & Proof Silver Britannia.