- Contains 1/10 oz actual Gold weight.
- Multiples of 50 American Eagles are packaged in mint tubes. All other coins will be in protective packaging.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty in front of the Capitol building holding in her right hand a fiery torch and an olive branch in her left.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek showing a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
- Protect your Gold American Eagle with this clear plastic capsule or display it in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
Fractional Gold Eagles make purchasing America's most popular Gold bullion coin easy, featuring the same classic design at a lower price point. Add this beautiful 1/10 oz Gold American Eagle to your cart today!
American Gold Eagle Coins
First authorized by Congress for release in 1986, the Gold American Eagle series quickly became among the most popular bullion coins in the world. These coins are the first Gold coins backed by the United States government specifically for bullion investment purposes. They feature artistic patriotic designs, with the obverse being modeled after Saint Gaudens' design introduced for the $20 Double Eagle in 1907. All American Gold Eagle coins are produced in .9167 fine Gold, with Copper and Silver being added to the Gold content to improve the wear characteristics and improve durability of these coins.
To appeal to a wide variety of collectors and investors, the American Gold Eagle coins are available in four different sizes, containing 1/10, 1/4, 1/2, or 1 oz of fine Gold. All four sizes feature the same iconic design and are fully guaranteed for their metal content and purity by the United States government. The United States Mint does not sell these bullion coins directly to the public, but rather distributes them through a network of Authorized Purchasers, including APMEX, who make an active market in these coins, supporting the liquidity and value of this popular bullion product.